The FHS TV and Film programs represented FHS well at the 2015 Spring Creek Festival. Students attended training seminars, screenings of peer's works, and the college and career fair. FHS students also competed against 1,400 other Broadcast, Photography and Film students from around the state and beyond. Our programs won the top two prizes: Program of the Year and Advisor of the Year. (Click here
to see a staff photo from the festival.)
The FHS TV program won the following awards:
- 1st Place, Show Opening: FHSTV Staff for "Bulldog Weekly"
- 1st Place, Onsite News Story: Canon Poore, Abbi Smith, Cecillia Valenzuela, Kadie Meroney
- 1st Place, Carry-in Music Video: Abbi Smith & Kadie Meroney for "Firebreather"
- 2nd Place, Sports Story: Olivia King and Mattie Boyett for "Student Section"
- 2nd Place, Human Interest: Abbi Smith & Caroline Been for "Falon"
- 3rd Place, Festival Recap: Betty Pendleton, Makayla Mardanbigi, & Chase Wright for "2015 Spring Creek Festival"
- Advisor of the Year: Bryan Allen
The FHS Film Program won the following awards:
- 2015 Video Program of the Year
- Filmmaker of the Year: Cole Borgstadt, 2015 FHS Alum
- 2nd Place, Onsite Short Film: Kelton McCarthy, Andrew Trice, Tyler Kelly, Kaid Hurd for "Shoes Inc."
- 1st Place, Animation: Andrew Trice for "Baking"
- 2nd Place, Animation: Alan Vinson for "Star Wars"
- 3rd Place, Animation: Darcy Olmstead for "Fraises"
- 3rd Place, PSA/Commercial: Cole Borgstadt, Joseph Porter, Evan Smith, and Reed C. Carson for "Cyber Bullying"
- 3rd Place, Music Video: Caroline Wetsell for "Hanging Tree"
- 2nd Place, Landscape Photography: Makayla Mardanbigi for "The City"